About Maria Jose Mojardín López
Born and raised in Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico. I have a BA in International Studies and a MA in North American Studies. I got accepted in the first Mexican American Studies PhD cohort in 2013. I am doing a minor in Public Health.
My Research Interests are:
- Mexican Migration
- Gender and Migration.
- Mexican Immigrant Women
- Health Disparities and migration
- Use and access to health care services among immigrant populations
- Self-care practices among immigrant populations
- Mexican Immigrant Women and their Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Use and access to sexual and reproductive health care services
- Perinatal mood disorders
- Gender, migration and sexual and reproductive health
- Gender, migration and mental health
- Postpartum Depression
Volunteer at Tucson Postpartum Depression Coalition
Office of Latin American Partnership Initiatives Research Programs for Undergraduate Students from Latin America
- Winter Research Program 2016 (Students from Chile, Mexico and Peru)
- Latin American Summer Research Program 2016 (Students from different countries in Latin America)
BA in International Studies, from Universidad Autónoma de Sinaloa, Mexico, 2009.
MA in North American Studies, from Universidad Autónoma de Sinaloa, Mexico, 2012.
Sections J & L of MAS 150B "HIV AIDS in the 21st Century"